How To… Defragment A Computer
Posted on January 8, 2015 | By admin
Defragmenting your computer’s hard drive should be done regularly, to prevent the chance of errors and also to keep it going in fine, working condition.
Below is step-by-step guide on how to defrag a Windows computer.
1) Click on the Start menu button and then look for My Computer.
2) Look for Local Disc (C:) and then right-click and select Properties.
3) Look for Tools on the Properties Menu and click on Defragment Now.
4) Click Analyze in the Disk Defragmenter window and analyse the fragmentation. The computer will recommend whether you should continue with the defragmentation.
5) If you wish to continue the defragmentation, then click on Defragment and wait for the process to complete. It usually takes several hours, so we don’t recommend you sit and wait around… You’ll be there a while!
6) After the defragmenting is done, restart your computer. Then you’re done.